Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Disney - Magic Kingdom

On sunday Howie was flying back to his mom from Orlando after his 2 months vacation with grandma and us, so we decided what better time to check out Disney World. We drove about 5 1/2 hours from Alabama on friday, spent the night and got sort of an early start on saturday.
Here you see us right at the beginning of the park. Behind us is the Cinderella castle. Notice we're still all sort of fresh? Well, that changed quickly with the heat and the humidity!! Twice a day they have a Disney Parade. It was good we caught it just in time, since we didn't see any characters the rest of the day in the park. So here are all the "mouses".
Tigger, yeah! Wasn't so sure how I liked him coming so close, haha.
I know this one too, it is Winnie the Pooh. I have some books where he's in.
Donald Duck and Goofy.
Ooooh daddy, look at this, all the characters!!
SO TIRED! I slept for about 2 hours, the heat was crazy!
These drummers tricked us. At first they only made drum sounds, but suddenly they started "spitting" water!! It was a nice cool off on that muggy, hot day, I have to say!
This was the magic carpet ride, we went up and down and it went in a big circle. I loved it and didn't want to get off.
Waiting in line for the ride. We did a lot of waiting in line that day, haha.
Daddy and Howie in front of the Disney castle. It was much smaller than we thought it would be but still very pretty.
Not so sure about the funny hat, it had some weird hair in the back attached to it.
I am JACK SPARROW!!
During the ride there was lots to see, kind of scary too!
The end of the day the castle is illuminated with blue lights, it looks very pretty. We were so beat, we caught the last bus to the hotel at 9pm.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM , Blogger Esther said...

ach wie cool. wenn wir zurueck kommen, will ich da auch hin. neid neid neid ;-P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home